Thursday, January 26, 2006

Housekeeping...

I feel like I need to do a little "cleaning up" today. No, not at my house. We did that yesterday because I have a friend coming over today. But, I have some loose subjects I want to tidy up. If you are a new reader and care what I am talking about you will have to go back and read the old stuff. Here are my "what happeneds".

  • The landlord is getting the work done. I think I told you the step was fixed a couple of days later but now she has this guy, John, coming in to do all sorts of stuff. Fixing trim, laying linoleum, setting nails, all sorts of stuff. It is starting to look so much better. Jude loves John. He calls him his friend. When he is there, Jude gets his tools and helps him.
  • Jake has a really good job lead. If you read his blog a while back and he was talking about me getting a job that would require me traveling with "the crazy guy". Well, if Jake gets this Job he will be "the crazy guy's" assistant. It pays well, good hours, little travel time, good benefits. We are excited. We'll have to find a babysitter. That is going to really stink. And I think it is going to be very hard for me to do. I am not that trusting. So far, going to work has been easy because I know the kids have been in good hands (mostly just Jake's) . But we will probably have to find someone we don't know. A stranger. Isn't that scary. The job starts April 3rd.
  • My group at the Stow Youth Diversion program went really well this time. I had the middle school group. They were really good. It was mostly boys (one girl, poor thing). They really opened up to me...told me about drinking and some drug use. These are kids from a upper middle class town (a generalization, I know), a good school district and most of them played sports. And they have tried drugs. MIDDLE SCHOOL. Yes, I am going to homeschool my children. It is so scary out there.
  • We have been half heartedly looking for a house. We found one in Cuyahoga Falls that seems really nice, actually quite perfect for us. We can't buy it now for several reasons (one being we are in a lease). Hopefully it will still be on the market when we get ready to buy.
  • My cat is fine and recovered from the trauma. She'll probably get in the drawer again if we leave it open. Which I did, only because Elise was sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up.
  • My school is going much better this week. It is still in Akron but 100x's better.
  • I have added some new links to my page. Jacki is a girl from church. She has a thoughtful and interesting blog. Correction G is my cousin, Jason. He doesn't use punctuation that much but it is definitely worth your time to read. He writes about his jobs as a Correction Officer & Security at a "club". He is funny.
  • I never got around to posting a comment to Pho...it is still formulating. I've been busy.

I think that is it. If you have any questions let me know. I am having some sort of seasonal affective writers block (similar to some other bloggers). I have lots of old stories to tell. Do you guys like that stuff? You don't seem to comment on it as much (i.e. old b-friends, letters, etc...). But then again, I have found the best topics for your comments were about gagging, barfing, the Millers and my husband becoming a preacher. Hmmmmm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To tell the truth, I've stopped reading the letters. Couldn't get over the feeling that these were not meant for publication so that we could laugh at the writer. If you had permission from each one, that might be a different story. But isn't it really holding people up to ridicule?
Now, as to subjects, I am interested in just your day-to-day life. Sometimes I'm totally at a loss, like when you talk about favorite music -- didn't know any of the songs or artists. But I like to hear how the job prospects are coming, how the teaching went, what the kids are doing, etc. Here's a blog I read faithfully, too, from Ron's side of the family:
http://www.iowahoyts.blogspot.com/
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I enjoy everything you post...however, I know nothing of your kind of music. Guess I'm a "little old'! (That sounds so odd, I don't think of myself as being "old" but I guess my birthday proves it..so be it!) I look forward to reading your blog every day, so please don't stop.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did think about posting songs I really like, but I figured people would think I was just trying to be super-spiritual or something. I like classical music, big band and classic rock-n-roll, country-western, Southern gospel, a little jazz, show tunes, etc., but the older I get, it's really the great old hymns of the faith and a few contemporary songs of faith that I would have to say are my favorites. Some of the old hymns have such great theological teaching. "And Can It Be That I Should Gain," "The Church's One Foundation," "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah," "How Firm a Foundation," "To God Be the Glory," "Crown Him with Many Crowns" are some examples. I love the music by the defunct Christian rock group, Harvest, too. So there ya go!
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

As far as Jake's new job prospect we will keep him in prayer.
Glad your teaching is going better.
I think that Jude being a "helper" to the repairman is precious.. Logan loves helping me at home.

We would be very excited to have you guys move to the falls. Hope that house is still on the market.

Brad.