Friday, January 27, 2006

Music Part 2

Here is a list of my favorite older songs. I own all these CD's. Tell me your favorite older music.


1. Dancing Queen by ABBA
"Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen"

2. Creque Alley by The Mamas & Papas
"When Cass was a Sophomore, planned to go to Swarthmore, But she changed her mind one day Standing on the turnpike, thumb out to hitchhike, Take her to New York right away"

3. Me & Bobby Magee by Janis Joplin
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose, Nothing don’t mean nothing honey if it ain’t free, now now. And feeling good was easy, lord, when he sang the blues, You know feeling good was good enough for me, Good enough for me and my bobby mcgee."

4. Lonely People by America (or Jars of Clay)
"This is for all the lonely people thinking that life has passed them by Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup And ride that highway in the sky This is for all the single people thinking that life has left them dry don't give up until you drink from the silver cup you never know until you try"

5. Come Together by The Beatles
"He say I know you, you know me One thing I can tell you is you got to be free Come together right now over me"

6. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles
"Obladi oblada life goes on bra Lala how the life goes on Obladi oblada life goes on bra Lala how the life goes on."

7. Thank You by Led Zepplin
"if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, There will still be you and me."

8. Crazy by Patsy Cline
"Crazy, I'm crazy for feeling so lonelyI'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blueI knew you'd love me as long as you wanted"

9. Moondance by Van Morrison
"Well, it’s a marvelous night for a moondance ith the stars up above in your eyes fantabulous night to make romance 'neath the cover of october skies"

10. Wild World by Cat Stevens
"If you want to leave, take good care Hope you find a lot of nice things to wear Then a lot of nice things turn bad out there Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world It's hard to get by, just upon a smile Oh, baby, baby, it's a wild world I'll always remember you Like a child, girl"

Don't forget to post your favorite older music. Any style music is welcome. Have a good day!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

myself i like more old music than i do new stuff so here some for ya.

im a believer, the monkees
wake up little susie, buddy holly
tulsa time, don gibson
i believe in love, don williams
im so lonesome i could cry, hank sr
i saw the light, hank sr

dont really know how old these are but they are old to me hehe.

toys r us kid(s) said...

Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult

"Oh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla!"

Anonymous said...

This request made me start thinking about the Beach Boys -- then "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" made me start thinking then about funny old songs, so I'll go with that tonight:
Camp Granada http://www.bussongs.com/songs/camp_grenada.php
Mr. Custer http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/m/mrcuster.shtml
Actually, that one could be sad, too. (Have just been reading about our early ancestors subjected to an Indian massacre.)
All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth (I seem to remember someone singing that to me a lo-o-o-ng time ago when I was the one wanting the front teeth!)http://washingtonmo.com/christmas/lyric/1062.htm
The Chipmunk Song http://washingtonmo.com/christmas/lyric/1062.htm
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love all 80's music..
1.private eyes - hall and oates
2.jesse's girl - rick springfield
3.photograph, pour some sugar on me - def leppard
4. anything billy joel
5. anything bob seger.
6. anything tears for fears.

Brad.