Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Little Wisdom from Mother Teresa

"Be kind and merciful,
Let no one every come to you without leaving better and happier.
Be a living expression of God’s kindness.
Kindness in your face,
Kindness in your eyes,
Kindness in your smile,
Kindness in your warm greeting."


Can you imagine the world if we were all a little more like Mother Teresa. Even if you aren't a Christian (I have attracted a few readers from "the other side") you can believe in making the world a better place. People fight over abortion, prayers (or Intelligent Design) in school, the war, the president, etc.... but then they don't do one thing in their daily lives to show someone else TRUE kindness. I don't have anyone in particular in mind so don't think I am talking to you. But, I am taking a stand and from now on I am going to be a kinder person. I want to be an expression of God's loving kindness, not God's wrath. Don't you? Okay I am going to give you a Bible verse to ponder. If you don't know me and are just reading this blog randomly, please do no think I am some Religious Freak. I am not.

"But avoid foolish controversies and genalogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless...." Titus 3:9 NIV

And for those King James readers...it says the same, basically.

"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vainly."


Okay, I have to get going for now.

No comments: