Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the Union....

Well, Tom wasn't on tonight because President Bush had his State of the Union address. I tried to watch his speech. I want to be supportive of the President of the United States but I just can't get that excited over him. I don't think he could say anything that would impress me. But I am not posting to talk politics. But I do want to take a moment to laugh about the people in the crowd. Cindy Sheehan (the mom whose son was killed in Iraq that has went over the deep end a little with her protesting - she thinks she is some sort of Abbie Hoffman - not even close!) was invited by someone? to the SU Address. Well, whe gets in there and had to be removed before the thing even started because she was waving some flag! Did she think she was at a peace rally or something? Come on! She is currently being detained. I was watching Fox, then CBS, now NBC...it is funny to see their different camera focus'. It is funny. Fox had a close up of John McCain (I don't even remember what Pres. Bush said) but the man looked like he either had to go to the bathroom very bad or maybe he was having a stroke. It was up there with that yelling, wrestlemania act he put on that ruined his chances for the Democratic Candidate. Oh my.

Okay, I changed my mind...I have a few comments about this stuff.
The Environmental stuff (alternative resources).....Love it. Can't wait for it to happen, if it ever does. I will have a french fry oil car one day.
No Child Left Behind....it is crap. Math and Science is good if the kids can read. I have classes THIS WEEK where over HALF the kids can not read! They are in middle school!
Drug use is down???? I don't believe it. I see it every day. Has he ever been in a real school and talked to real kids? The kids I talk to don't even think Marijuana is a drug! That is probably why the drug use is down....kids say they have never tried them because Pot don't count! Or maybe they couldn't read the test and just filled in a circle. Or maybe they don't give those tests to the kids that can't read, sit still, behave long enough to take a test. Just theories...
The pregnancy rate is down because of the shot that many teen girls get as soon as they start their periods. I see it all the time. He didn't mention that STD's are more rampant than ever.

I know it sounds so bitter and negative but I think politicains are out of touch. That is just my opinion.

On a lighter note...Hillary looked great and that lady in the front row with the hot pink dress should have dressed in some other color!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is sad about Cindy Sheehan's loss but I agree she is making a spectacle of herself.
I am also enthused about alternative resources such as fossil fuels solar energy etc...

Anonymous said...

heres another person journal you can add to you list if you want. now if i can just get them to update once in a while

G.

Anonymous said...

http://niki71.deadjournal.com/

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Hillary looks loke a maniqin.She doesn't have a single solution for anything. really anything.

Papaw said...

Family is more important than politics! Delilah I agree with a lot you said. What I pray for is that Republicans and Democrats get together for the good of the people, but they are too busy advancing their personal agendas. You know I'm really an idependant. sorta like the governor of Virginia but detest his president bashing-no way to get the job done. Is anyone strong enough to take the high road? I don't see hillary doing it, but the best part of the su is that I saw bush taking it last night!

Papaw said...

I succumbed to the call! My blog address is papawmiller

Jake said...

CORRECTION:
John McCain wasn't the one that pulled the wrestlemania scream of jubillee during the Demoractic primaries in Iowa. It was Howard Dean. John McCain isn't even a democrat. He is a republican.
;-)

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jake said...

Ok, I was trying to leave a link for a great picture of Ms. Clinton, but it wouldn't put the whole link in here, I 'll try it again.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&
ncid=1756&e=1&u=/060201/ids_photos_ts/
r469963390.jpg

You will have to fanagle the link to get it to work right.

delilah said...

Oh, you are right, I knew that....they do look a little alike...especially since he had that look on his face. Also Cindy S. was not waving a flag (as Fox reported!). She was wearing a tshirt with the number of deaths in the war. Either way, I was tired when I wrote my post. Now I feel dumb...ha ha.