Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mid Week Thoughts...

Well, I am in an inner city again this week. I am at a school that is considered rough but I am having a great time. I have one difficult class. They haven't listened to one thing I've said. They have been challenging to say the least... I have 5 - 8th grade classes and 1- 6th grade class. The sixth graders are so cute and innocent. The 8th graders have been there and done that. I think one of my 8th graders is pregnant. Maybe even two of them. One girl has only been there one day.

Yesterday two of my students started to get into a fight. Both girls were white girls with greasy hair. They both wear dirty looking clothing each day. One girl is chubby the other is a bean pole. Well, I am not sure what they were fighting about but the chubby girl likes to run her mouth. The skinny girl gets offended and gets in the other girls face. She was doing this "prance" type move, stepping into the girl to try to intimidate her. I almost started laughing. Not because it was funny but because it was ridiculous. Seriously. The one girl called the other girl fatty. The chubby girl calls her blondie. Not a very good come back. But she can't just leave it alone. As soon as the girl walks away she says "you ain't nothin' but a hoe." The girl gets up in her face and says well fight me then. Come on...just hit me. The chubby girl said "I could kick your butt, I beat up a ninth grader before." The blond girl laughed and gets up and stands in her face. The chubby girl calls her a prostitute. I thought the blond was going to explode. It was Maury right in the classroom. Kids think that T.V. stuff is normal and now they act like it. That stuff is so normal the other kids didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

Okay, I am falling asleep. I have to go night - night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious what you do to keep yourself in a positive frame of mind when all heck is breaking loose in front of you.

Do you think of uplifting songs or do you pray before each class?

Brad & Jen

delilah said...

Are you kidding??? If I get caught praying in a school I would probably be arrested.

delilah said...

Oh...just kidding.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to EVER post more letters??

delilah said...

Oh, I was thinking about it this week. I will try to do that soon. I'll let everyone know.

Anonymous said...

school sounds a lot like prison with all the name calling.