Monday, February 13, 2006

EX Ex-Men Mondays...

So I was thinking about today being "ex-men" Monday and this is the conclusion I came to...I am sick of talking about my ex's for a while. I told you the good "stories" for now. I may resume ex-men Monday in the future but for today I don't feel like telling a story about some boy from the past.

Today I am tired. I shouldn't be because I over slept this morning. I am a morning person and usually wake up before the sun is up, before my alarm wakes me up. Not today. Jake woke me up and said...."you are going to be late!" That was an understatement! I had 4 minutes to get ready so I would get to the school on time. No shower, barely brushed my teeth, pulled my hair back in a clip (I HATE my hair that way!), putting on make-up as I am walking out the door, coffee (jake made it for me...extra strong) for breakfast (strong coffee on an empty stomach is not good for me!), I hate when I am frazzled. So, on the way to work I missed the exit (did the same thing last week) so I ended up taking the long way, my windshield cracked??? and I eventually got there a different time than I thought I was supposed to be there (I looked at the wrong paper last night for my schedule) and was still late. I didn't pack a lunch...no time. So after teaching 3 classes I went to Einstein Bagels for lunch. I was standing in line admiring this girls very cool black work tattoos on her arm. She was talking to this guy and she said to him, "I have a bad case of the Mondays." I thought (light bulb shining bright and finger in the air) "That's it...I have a bad case of the Mondays!". I am not sure why, I got more than my normal amount of sleep!? Yesterday at church, the Pastor talked about people being grumpy at work on Mondays so I was sure to keep a bounce in my step but I really feel like sticking my tongue out at someone. I didn't complain (until now) except I did try to explain to my boss why I was 20 minutes late for my class. She was very forgiving and quite pleasant about it (she's a very nice boss). I don't plan on pressing my luck tomorrow. Hopefully I will be in a better mood.

See you then.

11 comments:

Papaw said...

God loves you!

delilah said...

What is that supposed to mean?

delilah said...

I just ate a small box of chocolates and I am feeling much better. Just thought I would let you know.

Papaw said...

Just remember God loves you no matter what. Always make me feel better when I realize that after having a bad time.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your boss was forgiving.
I know myself that getting up for work on anyday but especially Mondays is very difficult. (3rd shift does not help matters any.)

Brad.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully ex men Monday comes back soon.

toys r us kid(s) said...

..But you didn't even get to some of my favorite "Ex-Men" yet!!

delilah said...

I think I will feel more up to it next week. Don't worry, I do have some good ones yet!

delilah said...

who are your favorites toys r us kids?

toys r us kid(s) said...

Well... J the P...was he an ex-men?? OF COURSE G.W. aka G.C., did you get to L. yet?

delilah said...

Oh my....I do have some writing to do. J the P (it took me a while to figure out who the heck you were talking about) is on the list, so is G.W. and L. is a good story too. Thanks for the reminders.