Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So, there is this guy I know....

I was talking to him and his wife. We were chatting about a mutual friend. I said I wanted to fix this friend up with a girl (or two) that I know. The guy said, "Well, that is none of your business!!!" I thought his wife was going to slug him but before she had a chance I told him I thought it was rude for him to say that I was being NOSEY by trying to fix this guy up. The guy I wanted to introduce to a friend has told me he'd like to meet a nice Christian girl. Now, you tell me...how do nice Christian men & women meet? They either go to church together or people introduce them. They are both out of school and don't go to bars. And he doesn't work in an environment where he would date ANY of his co-workers.

So, tell me am I out of line? Is it none of my business? Is this guy out of touch with reality? Tell me what you think...especailly if you agree with me. ha ha ha. And by the way, I did tell that guy I was going to blog about this.

11 comments:

delilah said...

Oh yeah, Happy V.D.

delilah said...

No Comments?????

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

telling me to have a happy Venereal disease is really out of line. I can't believe you would do that. No I don't think trying to hook up people totally out of the question.Aren't we a little full of ourselves checking for comments that get emailed to you? :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you were out of line. Go ahead and "fix" your friends up, they can take it from there. I remember being single and always liked to meet new people, even if it didn't work out.

Anonymous said...

No, you are not out of line to want to help your friend. Sometimes there is a stigma to the "fix-up". So in other words go for it because us christian couples have to make sure other single christians are as happy as we are!!!!

Happy Valentine's Miller's!! :)

The Urich's

delilah said...

Applehead, I (one) had not checked my email yet...I usually check the blog first and (two) would have went to the blog to post a comment either way, when I saw no comments and (three) lastly, although I choose to have my comments emailed to me, not everyone does so how did you know I did get them emailed to me. You are only assuming.

Also....the V.D. thing was funny. I am wearing my signature black today. With a pink heart on my shirt.

~Jacki said...

It's not out of line to introduce friends to each other as long as both people know you are doing it and are ok with it. There's nothing I hate more than a friend not telling me they are trying to set me up with someone until after they start trying (it's happened before and I wasn't happy-I don't think the guy was either)

Justiene said...

I just want to say that if you are both of these people's friends then you know both of them pretty well and you would know if they had similarities or not. Also I agree with you that you were not out of line. As for the happy V.D. I hope none of Jake's family read this entry because of that gag reflex they all seem to have.

Anonymous said...

i think it is completely inappropriate to try to mettle in other peoples' lives. when people are introduced to other people without doing the work on their own then they usually do not appreciate it. I have always found that if you work for something then it means more and you are less willing to let it go.

delilah said...

Obviously you've never been fixed up. Trust me there is still a lot of work involved. I just planned to introduce this guy to a girl I know. I may help things along but I am NOT mettling or being inappropriate. I can't even believe you would suggest that I am.

delilah said...

And isn't it meddle not mettle? Is that even a real word? Just wondering.