Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thank God It's Thursday...

That is because I don't work on Fridays. Today was my last day and the awful school I have been this week. Today was just awful. I ended up leaving the school before the day was over. During 6th period the class was so out of control that I left in the middle of class. They were running around, yelling and acting crazy. When I left the class there was 18 minutes left in the period...The had not settled down yet. I am pretty strict when teaching. I have high expectations but I have NEVER had a problem. This one girl wanted to beat me up...she even said so. I wasn't afraid just annoyed because she was prohibiting the rest of the class from learning. I was so happy to leave but I mostly felt defeated. It was great to get home a little early and have been doing a lot of organizing. It has been nice.

Well, I am watching "The Office" and I want to close with this quote...."Hey, does it smell like updog in here?

Chat Tomorow.

dm

6 comments:

amyd76 said...

I'm glad you're not too down about feeling defeated at that school. I feel like that alot these days. I keep thinking that my job is not my "life"- I have more important things to do.

delilah said...

I just re-read my this post and I wanted to tell you I was extremely tired when I typed it. I used the word awful twice! I also fell asleep on the couch about 10 minutes after this so I missed most of The Office, which I have been waiting all week to see. I hate when that happens. I know the last line doesn't make sense if you didn't watch the show or if I ma not there to give you the punch line but it is hysterical. I laughed out loud this morning. Have a good day. I will post later.

Oh, and Amy, Thanks for all the encouragement. I can't imagine how you do it everyday. I am lucky because next week I am at a better school (still inner city but much better), then the next week I am at a country (well, country for Summit county) school.

Anonymous said...

Do not take that school personally. There are some kids and classes that are very tough to control. But if every class was like that I am inclined to say that the regular clasrroom teacher (or adminstration) has not done their job. I can't imagine the teacher stitting there not helping (or being able to)and every class being out of control! You can't fix in 4 days habits developed over the last 5 months!
Stephanie

Justiene said...

Hey whats "updogg"? Hahahaha :)

delilah said...

You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now. And I can't believe you are awake at 2 A.M.

delilah said...

Oh my, read your blog, now I know why you were awake.

On a lighter note...If you put updog the office on yahoo search my blog comes up 8th.