Friday, January 20, 2006

Sychronicities...

"Synchronicities are people, places or events that your soul attracts into your life - to help you evolve or to place emphasis on something going on in your life. The more 'consciously aware' you become of how your soul creates - the higher your frequency goes and the faster your soul manifests. Each day your life will become filled with meaningful coincidences - synchronicities - that you have attracted - or created in the grid of your experiences in the physical."


What you just read came from a very "metaphysical" type web-site so please do not prescribe to the philosophy just yet. Let me explain. I do believe in synchronicities but I don't think it has to do with karma or wheels of time (also explained on the web-site). I do, however, think that God "talks" to us through these little coincidences. We all know he puts people in our lives for a reason and nothing is really that random. Well, I have been experiencing an extremely abnormal amount of this phenomenon in my life. It is really crazy. I think it may be the cause of my insomnia (or maybe it really is the coffee...). Either way, I have always had these odd occurrences but this week I have had 2 pretty big ones. Here they are...

First, Jake meets this guy at work. His first day he came home and told me about this guy. After meeting him for a few times I told Jake I felt like he was in our life for a reason...Not sure why but I didn't think it was just some random thing. He has spent some time with us. Not a lot , just work with Jake and he's had dinner a few times. Nothing big. He just moved to the area and his family lives about an hour away. Well, to make a long story a little less long (many of you have already heard this...) this new couple started at our church. I noticed them on the first day and have wanted to talk to them. I almost felt "drawn" to them. After a few weeks, we just realized Jake's friend and the guy from church are brothers..... It blew my mind.

Then today I went into work for a "debriefing" from the week. I met the new intern. She seems very nice and we talk a bit. She tells me she is a Sociology/ Criminal Justice major at Akron U. I was thinking, hmmm, I know someone with that major so I told her I have a friend who just graduated with that degree. She asked me her name. I am thinking, "Big school, Big department, she won't know her." I say, Justiene. She knows her. She used to work with her and went to school with her. Then we are talking and she tells me she works at the University in the financial aid department. I ask her if that is part of admissions. She says not really. Same building...not the same department. I tell her I know someone in Admissions. I say, "I know it is a big place but you won't know this girl." She says (before I tell her) Jackie? HOW DID SHE KNOW? I asked her how she knew that is what I was going to say and she said she didn't know she just had a feeling. Whoa. Just crazy. Twenty minutes and we are aleady connected.

I am sure most of you think I am nuts but I am not. There is something to this. I've never been wrong about it. There are a few people who I know were meant to be in my life. Has this ever happened to you? Well, it has but have you ever paid attention? Are you listening?

I don't know if I will write tomorrow. Applehead and the family are coming up to visit. So I will talk to you later.

3 comments:

Justiene said...

It reminds me of dejavu or however you spell it. But yes it seems like it makes this really huge hard to conquer world just that much smaller when the people you know are connected somehow. And that is a true story about that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, does this intern have a name? I'm just curious as to who it is. Especially if she knows me! Could it be Lisa by any chance?

delilah said...

Crazy...It is Lisa. I didn't realize you actually read my blog. Now I know. Cool.