Sunday, January 22, 2006

Fluff...

Another blogger made a random list of songs. I am not sure if they were good songs or his favorites or what. Either way, here is my list of songs. I am also giving you an added bonus of a quote from the song. These are 10 of my all time favorite songs, although the complete list is much, much longer.

1. Wait by Huffamoose
"Hold me looser still, throw me like I'm wet clay."

2. You Can't Always Get What You Want by Rolling Stones
"You can't always get what you want But if you try sometimes you might findYou get what you need"

3. Always on My Mind by Willie Nelson
"Tell me, Tell me that your sweet love hasn't died,Give me, Give me one more chance to keep you satisfied,I'll keep you satisfied."

4. Happy Phantom by Tori Amos
"And if I died today I'll be the happy phantom and I'll go chasing the nuns out in the yard and I'll run naked through the streets without my mask on."

5. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
"But kiss me out of desire, babe, not consolation Oh, you know it makes me so angry 'Cause I know that in time, I'll only make you cry this is our last goodbye"

6. Vertigo by U2
"Girl with crimson nails Has Jesus 'round the neck Swinging to the music Swinging to the music Woooao"

7. Wonderwall by Oasis
"There are many things I'd like to say to you but I don't know how Because maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me."

8. Get Me Outta Here by Jet
"I'm sacking the man cause the man is a thief I'm kicking the plan before the plan kicks me I'm gonna get me Get me out of here"

9. To Have & To Hold by Depeche Mode
"I need to be cleansed, It's time to make amends, For all of the fun The damage is done And I feel diseased I'm down on my knees And I need forgiveness"

10. Unknown Road by Pennywise
"Do you think that all the years that passed you by we're all well spent"

So now I want everyone to tell me their favorite song or quote from a song. I know you all have one. I want some comments. Seriously. You don't even have to sign in or anything. Just post a comment. Don't be shy (T.C. I'm talking to you!). I know you guys are reading my blog (Jason G....yes, my spies have told me) and others. It isn't that fun for me to write if you guys aren't commenting.

11 comments:

Jake said...

Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews
"Hike up your skirt a little more
And show the world to me
Hike up your skirt a little more
And show your world to me
In a boys dream.. in a boys dream"

Jake said...

If I Had A $1000000 by Bare Naked Ladies

"If I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars)
Well I’d buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress that’s cruel)"

amyd76 said...

I have lots of "favorite" songs, but here are two of my very favorite:
Don't Let it Bring You Down by Neil Young
"Don't let it bring you down.
It's only castles burning.
Find someone who's turning,
And you will come around."

Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
"I'm your only friend,
I'm not your only friend,
But I'm a little glowing friend,
But really I'm not actually your friend,
But I am." (hi heather)

delilah said...

Okay...and who are you thinking about while you listen to THAT song? I never knew Dave Matthews was so risque. Hmmmm....

delilah said...

I was talking to Jake....

Justiene said...

Nickel Back: Someday
Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it all right but not right now
I know you're wondering when
(You're the only one who knows that)
Someday, somehow
I'm gonna make it all right but not right now
I know you're wondering when

Well I'd hope that since we're here anyway
That we could end up saying
Things we've always needed to say
So we could end up staying
Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a Hollywood horror

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave Birdhouse in my soul...but since amy took it --this is a close second
Blind Melon--No Rain

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the puddles gather rain
And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
and speak my point of view
But it's not sane, It's not sane
I just want some one to say to me
I'll always be there when you wake
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today So stay with me and I'll have it made
And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awak3
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape......escape......escape......
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
ya don't like my point of view
ya think I'm insane
Its not sane......it's not sane

Anonymous said...

ok the spies got me this time. as for favorite songs:
Rolling Stones, time is on my side
George Jones, choices
Phish, gin and juice
Bone Thugs n Harmony, cross roads
Eminem, toy soilders
trans siberian orch, carol of the bell

delilah said...

Jason, I was laughing out loud! You have a strange mix of music delights. I guess you aren't any different than me...Willie Nelson & Pennywise???? Glad you finally commented.

Heather- that song reminds me of Ryan S. remember he would change the words to that song and sing it all the time? Too funny.

Anonymous said...

hey i listen to everything from beathoven to zz top. i consider myself well rounded

toys r us kid(s) said...

How about:
the Police-Message in Bottle
PJ Harvey-Down by the Water(little fish big fish swimming in the water, come back here man give me my daughter...)
Dinosaur JR- Feel the Pain
Nada Surf-Popular
Dandy Warhols-Not if You Were the Last Junkie on Earth( heroin is so pase)