Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cody, Justiene and How it All Fits Together (Part 1)

Have you read Justiene's blog? When I first met Justiene a couple of years ago we never really talked. I taught Sunday School to two of the 3 kids she takes care of for her boyfriend. She would bring them to church every Sunday. At first I thought they were her kids, although she looked young. But, when I was in my late 20's I looked pretty young (yes, I know, it finally caught up). It wasn't long before the girls talked enough that I knew she wasn't their mother but their dad's girlfriend. They call her Pooh. Who did you come with? Pooh. Is she your mom? Well, no, uh yes, well kinda. I understood. Once her boyfriend came to church. Just as I suspected, not good enough for her. It wasn't just his looks - it is his everything. Not very classy or respectable. I, again, understood. Last year, Jake started going to the College & Career Sunday School class and Justiene was in there. He told me Justiene had said she was breaking up with her boyfriend and moving out. That Sunday the Pastor preached a sermon about how we are all put here for God's Purpose and how we are supposed to get to know one another and if you have been through something that is similar to what another person is going through you should talk to them about it. I felt like he was talking to me! Well, that Sunday she left right away and I didn't get to see her. She didn't come back to church for like 2 months. I tried to call her. The number didn't work. I tried to call some other people that might know her (some relatives that had attended the church). No help. Finally, Jake emailed her and that is how we got to where we are today. Either way, I have been thinking a lot about her situation and how to help. I feel a little frustrated because she keeps going back and forth (read her blog) and she keeps thinking it isn't so bad. He isn't beating her so it isn't that bad. Well, I have been there and it is horrible. No, I haven't dated Ted, but he isn't that original. I was involved is a situation that was so similar it is scary.

It was all about Cody. Tiffany, Amanda and I had rented this very cool house in Peninsula. Amanda moved out and Tiffany and I stayed an extra year. During the year, Tiffany got her first real boyfriend and I was working like a crazy girl (3 jobs 80 hours a week). I was working at Joe's Crab Shack, which I always refer to as my "Last hurrah". Tiffany and I really never got along that well as room-mates. She was always getting on my nerves, as I am sure I got on her nerves. So, we decided to get our own apartments. She moved to Timber Top and I rented this little one bedroom apartment in Cuyahoga Falls on Sackett. It was cute and cozy. I liked living alone. It wasn't long before I met the neighbors. There was only 4 apartments in the building. I lived in #4. #3 was Joe and this really cute girl, whose name I can't remember. He drove an old Volvo and worked at Borders. She was going to school to be a doctor. #2 was Tom. He was as weird as you can get. He was divorced and had his kids, Kenny & Lisa on the week-ends. #1 was Dave and Cody. Cody was the cutest 6 year old you have ever met. It wasn't long before Cody was knocking on my door talking to me. I had quit Joe's and with that quit going to bars and clubs, which meant I no longer had anything in common with my friends. I had dated (briefly) Tiffany's boyfriend's brother and I didn't really want to hang out with them because he was always there. I spent a lot of time at home. Which meant I spent a lot of time with Cody. He would come over all the time. I didn't mind at all.

I have this friend that is a psychic. Don't ask. But I went to her and she told me I was going to meet this guy. "His name starts with a 'R'. He is not "the one" but he has a little boy who I am supposed to help. Be careful, 'R' is married, probably separated but the wife is still in the picture somewhere." At this time I had already met Dave and didn't think anything about it - the description didn't fit. Oh, I forgot to mention Dave was 42, I was 27. That is just gross.

Tomorrow I and going to continue this story and tell you what happened. It will all make sense then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok delilah now I'm on the edge of my seat. :0. Hope Justiene comes to church tomorrow so you can talk to her.

Anonymous said...

Justiene hasn't posted for some time, and I worry about her, if you happen to see her, ask if it's okay for you to keep us "updated". Tell her that she has people that she will probably never meet that's praying for her. I think of her often and wonder what's happening in her life. Can't wait until tomorrow for the rest of your post so why don't you just write more today??